Refer a Friend
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Just Energy Solar Referral Program (the “Program”). By referring a friend, acting on a referral, using the Program Website, or otherwise participating in the Program, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Defined Terms.
a. Existing Customer: means a person or entity that (1) is currently a Just Energy Solar customer; (2) has been a Just Energy Solar customer at any time during the 6 months prior to being a Referral; (3) has been contacted by Just Energy Solar during the 6 months prior to being a Referral; (4) has been contacted by any partner of Just Energy Solar during such period of time as specified in any agreement between Just Energy Solar and such partner; or (5) has been submitted by another participant in the Program.
b. Program Website: www.justenergysolar.com/referrals
c. Referral: means a potential customer who (1) is referred to Just Energy Solar by a Referrer; (2) is not an Existing Customer, and (3) purchases a residential solar energy system from Just Energy Solar.
d. Referrer: means a person who initiates a referral.
Referrers must call (844) 666-2002 in order to participate. Referrers should submit the name of the Referral. Just Energy Solar will send a $250 check to each of the Referrer and the Referral 60 days following the Referral’s residential solar energy system activation.
3. Program Requirements.
a. Required Information. Participation in the Program may require you to submit personal information about yourself and other parties (collectively, “Users”), such as name and email address. The personal information will be collected, processed and used in accordance with Just Energy Solar’s Privacy Statement, which can be found at https://www.justenergysolar.com/privacy-policy. In addition, personal information may be used by Just Energy Solar to contact Users regarding participation in the Program and to receive communications from Just Energy Solar.
b. Referral Requirements.
Referral Requirements are listed above in the definition of Referral. Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything to the contrary herein, Just Energy Solar shall make the determination as to whether and pursuant to what terms it will enter a contract with any Referral.
4. Prohibited Uses.
You agree not to:
a. use the Program Website or its contents for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions;
b. Resell any aspect of the Program Website or services available on it;
c. Bypass or circumvent measures we may use to prevent, interfere, or limit access to the Program Website;
d. use the Program Website to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
e. use the Program Website to intercept, collect or store personal information about other users; or
f. spam other users or take other actions that may affect the operation or enjoyment of the Program Website by other users.
5. Warranty Disclaimers. THE PROGRAM WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, ANY MATERIALS INCLUDED ON, DOWNLOADABLE FROM OR OTHERWISE ACCESSIBLE VIA THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, OR ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, JUST ENERGY SOLAR DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE PROGRAM WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, INCLUDING THIRD-PARTY HACKERS OR DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS. JUST ENERGY SOLAR DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND ON OUR BEHALF AND YOU MAY NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH STATEMENT OF WARRANTY.
6. Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL JUST ENERGY SOLAR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR LEGAL THEORY ASSERTED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM WEBSITE OR ANY, OR (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE PROGRAM WEBSITE OR ANY REFERRALS, EVEN IF JUST ENERGY SOLAR OR OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF JUST ENERGY SOLAR (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROGRAM WEBSITE, ANY PROGRAM WEBSITE-RELATED MATERIALS OR SERVICES, EXCEED $500.00.
7. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights. In such states, Just Energy Solar’s liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Just Energy Solar, and our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors and suppliers from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, losses, expenses, damages, penalties or other costs, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, brought by third parties as a result of: (i) your violation of these Terms and Conditions; (ii) your use of the Program Website; or (ii) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
9. Additional Terms and Conditions.
a. Tax. You are responsible for any and all tax liabilities associated with the Program, and with purchases made using the check. Checks that you receive may constitute taxable income.
b. Void Where Prohibited. This Program is void where prohibited by law.
c. Governing Law. The laws of the state where Referrer resides shall govern without giving effect to the conflict of laws principles. Both parties will, in good faith, use reasonable efforts to resolve disputes. If a dispute remains unresolved after 45 days, the parties agree to final, binding arbitration pursuant to Governing Law.